Tuesday, 8 April 2008

hectic weekend


this weekend one of our cats seemingly had a stroke and died.
it was quite a shock and basically like losing one of the family.
we have two cats and have been in the family since '89 - two years longer than I have.
that's pretty good going for a cat.

to take our minds off it all, my dad and i went for a drive and listened to The Microphones.
and so began my most productive day in photography ever
(not including trips abroad).















i took so many pictures of that house, because it just worked so well with ther landscape.
it reminded me of the cover of The Microphones' Window:

Looks nothing like it, but the feeling i get from that house, I also get from the house in my pictures.
Yeah, I know, daft, right?

It may not seem as productive as any other day, but these photos are just a 'best of'.
There are at least 50 more just like these.
For about 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon, that ain't bad goin'.

x

1 comment:

Karelia Cigarettes said...

Admiration and interest were my first feelings when I’ve entered your blog. It is indeed the most remarkable creation I’ve ever seen! Moreover, your manner of writing and the photos are absolutely fine and I think everyone would agree with my words. All this made me immediately add the blog to my links. Thank you very much for such a marvelous web page and I will surely enter it again!